As a growing company, that rents and sells coffee machines, coffee vending machines and consumables for use in the coffee machines, we are always looking for talented people to join us. We’ve been here for 15 years and need skilled and passionate people to see us through the next 15!
Our company is entrepreneurially driven, innovative and operates at the “frontier” in everything we do! People who stay with us (and more than 50% of staff have been here 5 years or longer… 20% for over 10 years) are those who share our values of excellence, customer care, honesty and innovation. They are hard workers who invest themselves in the development of their own careers.
Are you that person? Are you ready to explore the unknown? If so, read on…. (and watch our short animation by clicking on the image)
We are looking for a Technician… do you qualify?
Your mission… should you choose to accept it…
- Fault find and repair coffee machines and coffee vending machines at our Midrand offices
- Maintain a clean work area
- Complete paperwork to track repairs and spares usage
The Requirements (yes, you do need all of them!):
- An N3 qualification (or better) in Electronics/Engineering
- At least one year of experience where you have repaired coffee machines and coffee vending machines. You will have experience in finding faults, replacing parts and testing the repaired equipment.
- Passion for what you do… we don’t tolerate “average” here… we want people who live to perform at their peak… and show it in positive attitudes
We’ll offer the most awesome applicants a chance to learn and develop their skills and we’ll also pay a market related salary that will range from R 5000 to R 15 000/month depending on your skills and experience. You’ll also enter a happening work environment where your colleagues are passionate about what they do.
So… if you have above average technical skills…. step up now!
Send your CV to email@example.com and tell us why you think we should appoint you. Work fast, applications close on 25 January 2020 and we want you on board 1 Feb or 1 Mar 2020.
We’d love to respond to every application, but we can’t. So if you have not heard from us within 10 days of applying, please accept that your application was not successful. Keep drinking coffee and keep looking here to find the next opportunity.